Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Seed Starting Time

It's that time of year again - time to start some seeds!

I usually wait until St Patricks Day before I begin anything. That is 8 weeks before my last frost date and there is no reason to start anything prior to that. I don't want my plants to be too leggy.

This year will be similar to past years. Tomatos & peppers will be my primary starts. I'll grow some for my mom and a couple of her friends as well as my own. I'm also starting a permanent herb garden this year. I usually have some growing in pots but now I have a space devoted to them (at the suggestion of my wife - who usually sees the obvious things that seem to pass me by).

This year I did not purcase many seeds. Trying to keep expenses down, plus I have so many I really need to use up or throw away. I'll be growing many of the same varieties I posted about previously.

No comments: