Friday, July 6, 2007

Jumping Worms update

I watered my flower beds this morning and after 5 minutes I started to look around, expecting to see the thousands of 'jumping worms'. While I did see several there was no where near as many as last week. Maybe whatever it is in the mulch that they like is just about gone. I'm liking that...

Here are previous posts regarding the beasties...
http://gardener-matt.blogspot.com/2007/07/more-with-jumping-worms.html
This one has the tentative identification as a type of maggot

here is the original...
http://gardener-matt.blogspot.com/2007/06/jumping-worms.html

1 comment:

rnluvs2read said...

I noticed these tiny jumping worms 2 nights ago on my garden dirt. I planted seed for swiss chard and cosmos there that has not sprouted yet. I am a farmer's grad-daughter, and gardened many decades and have never seen these before. The additive this year was a Gardner's supply fertilizer I never used before. There HAS to be a connection. Looks like larva of some kind of some kind. Anyone?