Sunday, July 15, 2007

Bug ID


Another creature from my vacation. On Tuesday morning around 10am we started to notice these bugs flying around the backyard. We didn't see any on Monday. by noon there were several hundred, maybe a thousand of them flying all over the place. It took a while to catch one even though they were not fast. They very rarely landed. This one is average and is just one inch long. The bottom was the most reflective I've ever seen. Sort of like looking at a green mirror. They reminded me of June bugs. On Wednesday there were maybe half of what we saw on Tuesday. On Thursday there was maybe 50 . On Friday I saw 2. Very strange. ID?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

green june beetle

Anonymous said...

whoops, just noticed someone already gave you names at bugguide. Matt, send me an email. I have a friend in Des Moines who would like to start some gardening and may be interested in chatting with you about some tips. Dennis ent56@hotmail.com