Friday, April 20, 2007

Seeds planted...

I always feel so much better once I get seeds in the ground.

Yesterday I finally planted some seeds...

Broccoli Raab - Spring. An heirloom variety from Burpee. This is my first time with broccoli raab.

Spinach - Harmony Hybrid. A variety from Burpee. I usually have good luck with spinach, but this is my first go with this particular variety. Early, upright plants and slow to bolt. Sounds good to me.

Swiss Chard - Rhubarb. The variety is named 'rhubarb' and it comes from Seed Savers Exchange. I think it's because the stalks are very red and the plants look like rhubarb. This is my first time growing it. Like spinach, I grow chard just about every year and do well with it.

Radish - French Breakfast. An heirloom from Burpee. Everybody has grown radishes at one point or another. I don't recall if I've grown these or not, but the package was not opened so I will guess I haven't.

Snap Peas - Sugar Snap. From Gurney's. I usually grow some peas every year. I can usually harvest for about a week, but that's okay. fresh from the garden ALWAYS beats from a can or frozen...ALWAYS!

No comments: