Saturday, April 4, 2009

More Seeds Started

I've just finished planting more seeds for the garden. First, I ran into a friend of mine at work yesterday and he asked if I could start some tomatoes for him. There is still some time left so I said sure.
Here's what I planted:
Gold Medal, Lemon Boy, Mortgage Lifter, Super Marmande, Yellow Pear, Orange Jubilee, Striped Stuffer. I've grown all of these in the past and my thinking is I want them to have a variety of sizes, colors and flavors. Some of the seed packets were kind of old so I planted many seeds in one cell hoping to overcome any germination issues that may come from their age. Th seed packet for the Orange Jubilee are from 1996. It's surprising how things have changed. There are probably 500 seeds in the packet while today most only contain 20-50 seeds.

Here's what else I planted for my garden:
Tomatillos
Pac Choi - Territorial Seed - First time with these
Cauliflower - Cheddar - Stokes Seeds - This is an orange variety
Cauliflower - Graffiti Hybrid - Vibrant purple head
Cauliflower - Rosalind - Early maturing purple variety
I can see this colored vegetable trend building

Also started some herbs:
3 Italian Flat Leafed Parsley
3 Extra Curled Dwarf Parsley
2 Broadleaf Sage
2 Common Sage

I started the herbs, pac choi, tomatillos & cauliflower in the little peat pellets. I stopped using these a few years ago as I prefer the cells. I still have a sack full of them so I decided I need to use them up.

3 comments:

Wayne Gale, CEO said...

Thank you for ordering from Stokes Seeds

Matt said...

Thanks Wayne - I have used Stokes in the past and will again in the future.

toarra said...

joya shoes 191w3mlrom250 afslappet,STØVLER,STÖVLAR,csizma,botas,gewoontjes,camminando,mode baskets,gehen,stiefel joya shoes 080r3klfvx248